by William Moultrie
Charleston – Who else could be number one on our list of persons of the year for South Carolina? A year ago she wouldn’t have even made our top ten, but sex allegations and endorsements by a couple of Sanfords helped propel Nikki Haley the GOP nomination and ultimately to her current spot as governor-in-waiting.
We’ve had a lot of fun with Nikki over the past eight months or so, but she’s made it pretty easy on us. There’s the sex scandals she doesn’t do enough to deny, her exceedingly loose definition of “transparency,” her self-touted-yet-widely-discredited accountant skills, and all sorts of other sorta sketchy details that would have derailed most campaigns. In fact, if she’d been running in any other year, she likely would have lost to Vincent Sheheen, as she performed much worse in the election than any of her fellow GOP statewide candidates.
Yet, she’s going to be our Governor. Of course, she has promised to resign if Will Folks’ or any of the other sexual allegations are proven to be true, but we’ll have to wait on his book to see what happens next in that story.
The good bet would be on seeing a lot more Nikki Haley coverage on this site for the foreseeable future, so thanks for everything Nikki, we’ll be seeing you soon.
Nikki Haley as covered by theDiscust:
- A preview of the Nikki Haley administration
- Haley shocked to find Statehouse filled with lawyers
- SC GOP laments unused Nimrata Nikki Randhawa defense
- Haley, Ard announce new “Pledge to South Carolina”
- Nikki Haley wins MacArthur “Genius Grant”
- A political fable with a truly transparent moral
- Tea Party protests Haley’s “Tea Tax”
- Haley campaign unveils new slogan: “So Transparent You Can See Right Through It”
- Mel Gibson nabs starring role in “Raghead! The Jake Knotts story”
- Will Folks, Nikki Haley plan series of “revelations” before election
- Wrap-up of South Carolina primary election night headlines
- Bauer asks all Haley supporters to take lie detector test
- SC Baptists weigh in on Haley flap
- Knotts explains slur: “I may have slept with Nikki Haley”
- Sinkhole opens up, swallows SC GOP headquarters
- Folks screws Haley, also alleges sex
- Palin bets on Haley
- Exclusive GOP Governor Debate footage