by William Moultrie
Charleston – It’s the start of a new year again, so it’s time to unveil this year’s eagerly-awaited Discusties, honoring the folks in and around South Carolina who had the biggest impact on our state in 2010.
Falling from the top spot in 2009, outgoing Governor Mark Sanford now resides in the number five position for 2010.
Governor Sanford didn’t have a huge impact on the world of political satire, the world, or even politics this year, at least not directly, but the spirit of his record-setting 2009 lived on throughout every campaign and every political commentary.
The big question — is this his last appearance in the countdown? It’s surely not his last appearance in theDiscust, but will he be a feature or just a mention? Only time will tell.
In the meantime, a few articles to remember him by:
- Mark Sanford set to join “Dancing with the Stars”
- Sanford University Plans Underway
- Sanford Memoir Reveals Governor to be Biggest A**hole on Planet
- Sanford fights release of Naughty List
- The Twelve Months of Mark Sanford, a Carol
- Sanford response to ethics charges: “No, no, no…”
- Sarah Palin “Rogue” book revelation: Mark Sanford fantasy
- Sanford’s impeachment fight previews fight for unemployment benefits
- Sanford wins lesser-known Nobel “Piece” prize
- The Sanford Chronicles, Episode 1
- Sanford taps Keeney to fill Maguire’s slot
- Bauer: If Sanford doesn’t step down, I’ll start driving again
- Mark Sanford: The Recap (so far)
(has links to prior articles re: “hiking” and others)